Monday, October 27, 2008

I choose to believe

"Create in me a clean, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

David spoke these words in Psalms and I remember singing them in a song growing up in church. This is my prayer today. I want to hold on to faith, hope and love. I want to fight for what is right and stand up to what is wrong even in the midst of unpopularity. I want to see God’s plan for my life come to pass, and be used without hesitation and without regret. I will fight for what I know God has promised in His word. I have come to a place of brokenness again and must become transparent. Others see my flaws and quickly point them out for the sake of helping others. I must remain in love and choose rightly.

Am I wrong to hope, to dream, to want something I can’t see? Shall I be corrected as Sarah was and laugh at God’s promise only to delay it because of my disbelief? I say NO! I believe. I choose to have faith and remain in hope and love. Love, in 1 Cor 13, gives up its right to its own way. I can’t be selfish; I must give unconditionally, and love whole-heartedly. I must forgive and forge ahead. I must ask for forgiveness – quickly – of those I have wronged unknowingly.


I want to take time to do some fasting. I need to remain aligned & be sensitive to the changes God wants to make in my heart and life. So...yet another phase of change lies ahead, I'm nervous and excited. Oh how I "love" change....total sarcastic point I just made.

1 comment:

Ande Truman said...

Sweet! You're on Blogger. Awesome.