Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oxygen and tears....

Well today one of the best friend's I've ever had moved to St. Louis. Tears of sadness and loss, and yet tears of joy and great hope. Because what lies ahead is SO FAR greater than what lies behind.

If you get the chance to have really good friends...fight to keep them. Fight. Say what you need to say to be open, vulnerable, confrontational, and true.

Other than family, I've never known loyalty in a friend until now. I know what "tough love" means and go through life to come out on the other side even better friends. I know what a real friendship looks like and my life will never be the same.

"fan into flame the gift within you." 2 Tim 1:6

Flames need oxygen. In our lives we can give so much to others and see our flame dim sometimes, but people who are life-giving friends will breathe oxygen into that flame and cause it to grow.

To all my life-giving friends, thank you ...

No comments: