Saturday, September 13, 2008

Crazy little thing called L-O-V-E

I found this in the back of my Bible. I remember writing it in a time with the Lord in one of my favorite spots - the front porch of my grandparents house. I wrote this about 3-4 years ago, but it still rings true with me today...in a fresh way.

Psalms 40 and 1 Corinthians 13...Love is FIRST patient, not idle.

Love is patient. Patience is having joy in waiting. You must have hope in something to know what your waiting for and faith to inspire hope. Hope is the vision + expectation of what faith says is possible. Love is patient - so patience (full of joy) give you strength (Neh 8:10) to stand and wait... expecting and knowing and going ahead. While waiting, you continue to serve - be a waiter. Have joy in the Lord - delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart (Ps 37:4.)

Faith without works is dead. Hope deferred makes the heart sick. Love is action.
Faith + Hope+ Love = victorious, purpose-fulled life.
Love is the accomplisher - if you love me, obey (John 14:15)
The Church of Ephesus needed to return to its first love (Rev 2)
Love acts in wisdom - James 2 and 3.
My life is not my own (1 Corinthians 13:5)

No comments: