Saturday, September 13, 2008

Play offensive with fears!

Well lately I've been faced with fears left and right, and I'm growing as a result. My mind creates imaginations and I begin to feel afraid. But then one day I decided to push back - and piss off that part of me that was afraid by doing the very thing I was afraid to do. Each time I did that, I felt empowered. For example, there are times i dont want to enter a room full of people (mostly my friends) because I think i wont be welcomed or wanted or that i'll make things worse by being there.....my head creates all kinds of aweful scenarios and i get panicky. I just want to run away and hide. Well the last few weeks I've been looking that fear in the face and telling it to piss off! That kind of fear is not welcome in my life. I walk right into the room and force myself to have a great time. And in the end it was all in my head. Sometimes I have to go to the Lord in prayer and say, "I'm totally nervous and I really need You." God always speaks to my heart and stengthens me and gives me the TRUTH. The TRUTH sets us free. Living in the light, and walking in the light together (1 John 1:7.) We walk with Christ and in HIM all things are possible. Playing offensively with fear is victory and growth.

No comments: