Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Art of Finishing

God created us to start and to finish. He showed us how to finish and gave us the ability to do it. You can finish what God has given you to start.

Gen 2:2 "...God had finished the work he had been doing..."

Jesus - the Word - showed us how to finish...
Isa. 55:11 "so is My word that comes out from my mouth; it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

John 4:34 "...to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work."

John 17:4 "I have brought You glory on earth by completing the work you gave Me to do."

We are intended to finish!
2 Cor 8:11 "Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means."

Eph 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Paul Finished
Phil 3:12-14 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

2 Tim 4:7-8 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness..."

Finish strong, finish well.

No comments: