Sunday, March 22, 2009

So what’s up with Tanya lately?

I intended this to be a video update but the video files take FOR-EVER to load so I just decided to type this one…

I’ve been gone from Florida for about 2 weeks and with all the transition it feels like months. Oh my!

I am in St. Louis (well to be exact Wright City) staying with the family of a friend until I’m able to secure a job that will allow me to live on my own or with a roommate until I leave for California (more on that below.) Miss Rebecca and her family have been very gracious hosts and have kept me warm, safe, and well fed.  I cooked dinner for us both a few nights ago…I love cooking in her kitchen!

I haven’t stepped away from attending church. I’ve had the awesome privilege of visiting 2 weekend services at Destiny Church, and visited another local church last night called Windsor Crossing. It’s interesting to be a visitor and not a staffer in a church service. It still feels weird to sit through an entire service and not have to take care of something, or just roam around because I can. LOL!

One night a week I attend class in St. Louis. That has been a familiar setting and helps me get to know new people.

My phone acts up in the area where I am (about 40 minutes outside the city) so I have shied away from making lots of phone calls because its difficult to hold a conversation when people only hear about 1/3 of what I say. I just tried talking to a friend and got about 2 minutes into the conversation and heard this..... “You’re breaking up, say that again…” So I just gave up and said we’ll talk later. So annoying.

I decided to start a new blog about government issues. I have a desire to educate people in the area of politics and the system. I believe there are a lot of myths out there and I want to debunk them. I won’t get “right” or “left” on issues, jus explaining the nuts and bolts of the system and the freedoms we have as believers and Americans to participate in that system. So be on the look out for that this week.

On the horizon my plans are to stay in the St. Louis area and help the Impel team develop the ground work for the ministry and a business. We will be going April 22-30 to Irvine/Long Beach, CA to connect with people who will help Impel transition to southern California area. It’ll be a power-packed week of meetings, research, and planning.

I will make the move first to CA in May. The rest of the team will follow throughout the course of the year. So my time in CA in April will also include connecting with a job lead and securing housing.

I thank the Lord everyday for His grace, because without it I’d be curled up in a corner crying and never come out. Let’s just say I don’t do well in major times of change and I’m very proud of myself of how well I’ve handled this one.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragements. I love you tons!!!
Tanya

No comments: